Hello and welcome to the Current Affair's Portal of ExamPundit.in. The 58th Grammy Awards — presented by the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences — have wrapped up in Los Angeles.
Grammy Award or simply Grammy is an accolade by the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (NARAS) of the United States to recognize outstanding achievement in the mainly English–language music industry.
It shares recognition of the music industry as that of the other performance awards such as the Emmy Awards (television), the Tony Awards (stage performance), and the Academy Awards (motion pictures).
In 2016 Grammy Awards:
Kendrick Lamar received the most nominations with 11. For the latter, he went on to pass Eminem as the rapper with the most nominations in a single night, and second overall behind Michael Jackson (12 nominations in 1984).
Producer Max Martin received the most nominations for a non–performing artist, with six.
- Record of the Year – "Uptown Funk" – Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars
- Album of the Year – 1989 – Taylor Swift
- Song of the Year – "Thinking Out Loud" - Ed Sheeran & Amy Wadge, songwriters (Ed Sheeran)
- Best New Artist – Meghan Trainor
- Best Pop Solo Performance – "Thinking Out Loud" – Ed Sheeran
- Best Pop Vocal Album – 1989 – Taylor Swift
- Best World Music Album – Sings – Angélique Kidjo
NOTE: Home by Anoushka Shankar was nominated in the category.
- Producer of the Year, Non–Classical – Jeff Bhasker
Jeff Bhasker is an Indian-origin record producer, songwriter, keyboardist, vocalist, and multi–instrumentalist.
- Best Music Film – Amy – (Amy Winehouse)
Team Exam Pundit